Overall, I was really pleased with my feedback, especially as it was for my first assignment. My tutor did make some good points on how I can improve my work such as
- including more references to set texts
- include more analysis of works of art and how they relate to ideas learnt.
There were also some small points that I had missed from some of the exercises such as
- Exercise 1- Greenburg’s key observation that Renaissance artists sought to ‘conceal art’ where Modernist artists sought to ‘reveal it’.
- Exercise 3- When Marx talks about ‘the ecomony’ he is referring to the national or indeed international ecomony rather than to the domestic ecomony of a particular household or individual
- Exercise 7- Baudelaire also suggests that the Flaneur should adopt the personality of the dandy and that this ‘phlegmatic’ attitude suggests a detached or voyeuristic
- Kimberley Unsworth Assignment One